1. The general code of conduct reflects on the way VAC expects members to behave when posting to the forums. Repeated failure to follow the code of conduct may result in a suspension, and eventually termination of the members account.
2. Members who are new to the hobby or are otherwise unfamiliar with an industry information should educate themselves by reviewing historical posts, and whenever possible, by first observing the actions and type of posts made by others.
3. Members who wish to post a question should first review the FAQ section (coming soon) of the forums, as well as search the forums to ensure that the question has not already been posted.
4. Members should ensure that new topics are started under the appropriate forum category. Failure to do so may result in a moderator moving the topic to a different category.
5. Members should not “crash” other member’s posts. If your reply does not pertain to the current topic, please start a different post. Forum moderators reserve the right to edit off topic posts, and place them into a new topic.
6. Members should, at all times, be courteous and respectful to one another. Bashing of other members is not permitted.
7. Since this is a community environment, there are times when a member may be new to the organization. Everyone should remember to exercise patience and courtesy to these new pilots and members.
8. Should problems arise online between several individuals, the parties should first attempt to resolve any issues among themselves in private. If this should fail, then the parties can request the assistance of a moderator to clarify any dispute on forum rules. All other disagreements outside of forum rules must be kept in private.
9. Redundant, or meaningless posts will only serve to annoy other members. Members should ensure that their posts are relevant to the topic at hand, and be cautious about starting redundant or meaningless posts.
All users must read and abide by the following rules and general code of conduct at all times when using the VAC Forums. Failure to do so may lead to a temporary suspension of your account, or even a permanent ban from the VAC community depending upon the severity of the infraction.
1. By logging into the VAC forums using a members username and password, a member agrees to be bound and to abide by the “Forum Rules”. These “Forum Rules” will be posted in the NOTAMS section of the forum, as well as emailed to every forum member. Any subsequent changes to the forum rules will also be emailed to all forum members. Violations of the “Forum Rules” may result in a temporary suspension of the members account, or termination of the members account. To use the VAC forums, you must first register as a member of VAC at http://www.vacanada.org. Only registered members in good standing with VAC may be a member of the VAC forums.
2. The VAC username and password which is provided to you is your exclusive VAC membership identification. You may not give permission or knowingly allow your username or password to be used by anyone else.
3. Members are not permitted to have the same forum ID as their pilot ID. Any members using their pilot ID as their forum ID may be asked to re-register.
4. During the registration process you must provide your real FULL NAME. Nicknames, callsigns or abbreviations, can only be used as your forum handle.
5. You may register for and hold only one VAC forum registration.
6. VAC Forums are open for membership to all individuals thirteen (13) years and older. Individuals younger than thirteen must provide written consent from a parent or guardian.
7. Membership is available to all individuals regardless of race, creed, color, nationality, sexuality, gender, or disability.
8. All members must include in their signature a valid VAC ID and their your full name. Failure to include this information may lead to a suspension of the members account until such time as corrective action has been taken.
9. Members are NOT permitted to post any copyrighted material or links to such material in the VAC forums. The definition of copyrighted material shall include software, published articles, real world non-public airline information, pictures which do not belong to the member, in addition to any other information that Virtual Air Canada management may deem from time to time to be classified as copyright.
10. The forums are to be used for general discussion of the airline industry only. Topics that do not fall under this definition can be removed without warning from management. Topics, which discuss religion, politics, race and other controversial agendas, are not permitted, and will be removed by the forum moderators. VAC management reserves the right to remove any topic that is deemed inappropriate.
11. To protect the VAC image, members are not permitted to post any information, which may cause harm to the image and reputation of VAC. Such information or disputes should be directed toward VAC management in private, and dealt with in private. Forum moderators will immediately remove any defamatory information about VAC, and the member will be warned. Repeat offences may lead to suspension of the members account or termination.
12. Members will not use the forums to post, distribute, or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, or other unlawful material, images, text, or information. Such posts will be removed, and members warned. Repeat offences may result in a possible suspension or termination of the member’s account.
13. Members are NOT permitted to post links to any third party Website in their signature. These links will be removed under the discretion of the moderators, and the member will be warned. Repeat offences may lead to temporary suspension or termination of your account.
14. Members may not provide links to any competitor Virtual Airline. Such links will be removed by forum moderators, and a warning will be sent to the offending member. Repeat offences may result in a possible suspension or termination of the member’s account.
15. Members will not post language that sounds like or contains: profanity sexual content (including but not limited to explicit language, sexual innuendo, sexual content, and references to sexual preferences), slurs (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, and religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, and illegal activities. This shall include the use of wildcards to emulate the above. Such posts will be edited by forum moderators, and a warning will be sent to the offending member. Repeat offences may result in a possible suspension or termination of the member’s account.
16. Any member who promotes or advocates violence, bigotry, racism, hatred of any kind (sex, age, status in society, or sexuality), and profanity will have their account temporarily suspended, and reviewed for termination.
17. Threatening or harassing any member will result in immediate suspension, and possible termination of the member.
18. VAC is a non-profit organization and does not charge any fees to apply for or to retain membership in the organization including the forums. No member of VAC may request money or charge fees as a prerequisite to offering any assistance or product. In addition, no member is permitted to resell or make any commercial or non-commercial use of the VAC website or forums. The prohibitions set forth in this paragraph expressly include any and all sales and/or solicitations of money, goods and services no matter for what purpose, person, group or cause, without limitation. Members violating these rules may be subject to immediate termination from VAC.
29. VAC moderators reserves the right to temporarily suspend or terminate an individual's membership from the forums without notification if certain rules have been violated. The member may appeal the suspension or termination to the President or the CEO, whose decision shall be final.
20. In addition to #18 above, the forum moderators may also recommend to the president and/or CEO the suspension or termination of a member from the entire VAC community if such action is warranted. The offending member will have the right to review the written report submitted by the moderator, and provide a written response to the President/CEO within 30 days. After 30 days, or after receiving and reviewing the written response, the President and or the CEO will make a final decision. This final decision cannot be appealed.